Thursday, July 2, 2015

Helping with harvest...sort of

One of my favorite times of the year is here. It is wheat harvest! Unlike last year, we actually have some wheat to harvest. It still isn't the greatest we have ever had, but considering the weather conditions it has been through, we are thankful for what we have.

Since I am a bit (ok, a lot) on the pregnant side, my husband has banned me from doing a lot of what I usually do this summer. That includes not driving the tractor and grain cart. If you know me at all, you know I'm still working every angle to get myself in the field.

I did figure out that my husband isn't a big fan of making sure the extra fuel tank on the pickup is filled so they can refuel the combine in the field. So, I have taken on that responsibility. Hey, I'll take what I can get.
I have to figure out a new way to do some things since my belly takes up a bit more space now ;-)

My parents are so cute and an example of a great marriage. Oh, of course they bicker...today there was a doozy at lunch that was over horseradish or something...but in the end, they make time for each other. I took this picture right before mom went with dad on a "date" in the semi to take a load of wheat to the elevator.

Since I have been banned from a lot of activities, I'm having to find other things to do. So I have taken to helping my mom a little bit more with the harvest meals. This lady is a pro! I will never be able to do everything she does and make it look so effortless. Since our fields are all within a couple of miles of the house, we don't do meals in the field this year. All the men come to the house for lunch and in the evenings mom and I make sandwiches to take to them. Mom usually does most of the work, but I contribute potato chips!

Baby T and I posed tonight for a picture of her at her first wheat harvest ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment