Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Another side project

I figured since I'm about to have a baby, why not take on another project I have no idea how to do? Realistically I do enjoy the challenge of having to problem-solve on projects that other people aren't quite sure how to do.

The project I'm tackling right now is a board with cutout faces for people to take photos with. Here are the pics of how it is going so far. And I have a reference photo to go from, so don't think I'm coming up with this material all on my own!

Step 1: We didn't have exact measurements, so I had to figure out proportions and measurements on my own while drawing the design on the board.

I think I more or less got it figured out.

Step 2: Hire someone that knows what they are doing to cut out the faces ;-) My dad broke out his old jigsaw and got the job done.

He looked so proper while doing it with his pinky sticking out. He broke it a few years back in a roping accident, so now it doesn't bend correctly.

He had to drill a hole first to be able to start with the jigsaw. Poor girl's forehead didn't stand a chance.

Step 3: Start with the paint. Thought I would start with the hat and jacket to see how things went.

Step 4: Move on to the pants. I'll have to choose what color I want to go with next now that I've finished with the gray. I'm just kind of playing it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment