Monday, August 10, 2015

Another Project Completed!

Today I put the finishing touches on the last painting project I have been updating you on. I just had to put another coat of white paint on in a few spots, finish the brown parts and then have dad cut off the top 10 inches of the board.

Here it is before the top 10 inches were cut off:
 During the project, I had quite a bit of company in the big shed. For one thing, the very first day I was in there, at least four or five mice went scurrying away from pretty much right under where my project was situated. I talked to dad and we got that situation remedied as much as we could. We relocated the project away from the seed bags and then he put out some mouse traps.

I think I still heard a few mice today, but at least I had the dogs to keep the mice away...oh wait. This is about as motivated as our dogs get while in the shed. I think my dog did raise her head once when she heard a mouse. I promise they are alive. They really like laying on that cool concrete though. Mom and dad's dog isn't exactly the smartest one once in a while. It cracked me up the day that he moved from his previous spot to under the trailer, that was parked inside the shed...apparently it was cooler in the shade ;-)

Anyway, that might be it for big projects for a while. The biggest project of our lives is about start. This week is a when our baby is due! She will probably have a flair for the dramatic though and take her own sweet time making her entrance into the world ;-)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Best wishes Brenda! I'll be praying for you and your family everything goes smoothly!

Post a Comment