Friday, January 16, 2015

Closer to the Finish Line

I have done a bit more work on the Camaro project this week.



I have figured out that drawing straight lines on an object that has few, if any, actual "flat" surfaces is a little challenging to say the least. I have resorted to doing a lot of the work with Sharpies.

The paint I'm using is a high temperature paint so it can stand up to the grilling. However, that also means it is expensive and very high in fumes. Also, the white spray paint I managed to find is a flat paint and the black paint it glossy. So I'm trying to figure out better ways to do things rather than using the white paint to mix with the black, because the result is a very non-shiny grey paint. And it just doesn't look right with the rest of the paint.

Trial and error, trial and error. Like I tell my students, art is really more about problem-solving than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment