Friday, January 9, 2015

Another new art challenge

A few months ago, a friend approached me about doing a unique painting project for him. I finally got around to starting it this week.

He is a huge car enthusiast and his daughter managed to find him a grill that is shaped like his Camaro. The problem is that it still needs a few details. I have had to do some problem-solving (like always) but I'm finally getting it to look more like his beloved car.
1. This is the top of the grill before I started painting.

2. This is what he wants it to look like, except with black stripes. 

3. I was pretty excited when I finally figured out how to tape it off.

4. But the problem is, that the tape didn't seal very well and the paint crept underneath the tape. 

5. After several hours of going cross-eyed with paint thinner and a paintbrush, I sort of got the lines cleaned up.

6. You can't really see it, but the next step is to start painting the other details I have drawn on, such as windows, wheels, etc.

Stay tuned.....


No comments:

Post a Comment