Wednesday, February 1, 2012


THE SCOOP ON ME 

If any of you know me, you know that I like things simple. Simple hair-do, simple living…just simple and uncomplicated. This week I was flattered when a student chose to dress like me for "Dress Like Your Favorite Coach" day during homecoming. Come to find out, she did it because she ran out of time and she knew pulling her hair back into a ponytail and not wearing much makeup would be easy ;-) 

At a conference this past weekend it was once again brought to my attention how some people might not completely understand my world. My life on our farm is such a huge part of who I am and sometimes I forget that those who don’t know me might not understand why we do the things we do on the farm. Heck, even some of my closest friends might not understand how my life on the farm is intertwined with theirs.


I don’t have unrealistic expectations that I might “save the world.” But I do hope that through this blog I might be able to take the mystery out of some things on the farm. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask. In an effort to save the family farms in our nation, we have to change our way of thinking. Part of that is making sure that we explain the things we do on our farms in a way that allows others to make INFORMED decisions about their purchases in the grocery store and in other areas of their lives.


I’m not an expert in any way, shape or form. I’m still very much in the learning phase of this. I lived away from our farm for the majority of the seven years and a half years I was in college (ok, quit laughing about how long I was in college). I have returned to our community and now am seeking to take a more active role in our farming/ranching operation. Hopefully this blog will provide an entertaining, and often humorous, look at what my life on the farm can sometimes involve.

1 comment:

jenchickwrite said...

Awesome first post. Will be waiting to hear how a snowstorm affects the farm after this weekend.

Post a Comment