Saturday, February 21, 2015

My Inventive Farmer

This won't be the most exciting video I have ever done. But I am just too stinkin' proud of my farmer's ingenuity.

His background as a welder makes a perfect combination with farming. I have no idea how he can come up with this type of stuff and it actually works!

He took bits and pieces of some things he found around the farm and combined them with a few new pieces, and made a fully functioning hydraulic log splitter. This will save his back a LOT of work since he no longer has to split it manually.

I hadn't seen it in action until today. It was way cooler than what I had expected!

He created a whole attachment for the tractor forks. They simply slip into it like a glove and then he can pick the whole contraption up, hook it to the tractor hydraulics and away he goes with splitting wood!

Now, if only we could do all of this somewhere besides on the back lawn ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment