Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Being fed well

This is a picture of my uncle's feed this year. Thanks to the rain we had this summer, in some places the feed is ridiculously tall. We swath, then bale the feed to feed to the cattle throughout the winter months when grass is hard to come by.

Every time I drove by his feed field, I was amazed at how tall it was in spots. Because of how the water settles/runs off the field, it isn't this tall everywhere. Curiosity finally got the best of me yesterday and I had to stop and see how tall it was compared to me.


I'm probably about 5'8" and I'm sure my reach is well over six foot. My guess before I stopped was that it might be 10 feet tall. I don't think it is that tall, but it is probably some of the tallest feed I have ever seen in this area. Kinda crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment