Saturday, May 17, 2014

Another round of branding

Being able to rope a calf is a work of art, in my opinion. I have a lot of respect for these guys. Here is a look at their perspective.
A year ago at this time, Dad was unable to finish the day because he was in the hospital with 8 broken ribs after being bucked off his horse. So, here is his return this year. He makes it look so easy!
It takes a lot of communication on branding day. As you can tell, a lot is going on all at the same time. So it is essential to communicate with your teammate.

Since we timed the calves, I figured we would time how long it takes to work a small group of cows as well.


Even though we are still in a drought and we don't know if we will be able to keep our cattle because of lack of grass, we still have a lot to be thankful for. I always love the food while working cattle and I also always love hearing my dad pray.
These are just a couple more shots I got with the GoPro. Lovin' that little camera.
And of course we have to show you an update on Tiny the calf. Here he is...in all his small wonder. He was a favorite of the kids that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment