Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Like Superman...it's all about the clothes

When I head back to school there is a huge struggle with my true identity and my alter ego. There's the farmgirl for life part of me that loves nothing more than the freedom of living life on the farm. But there is the teacher side of me that loves to invest in the lives of my students...and it also helps to pay the bills ;-)

This week, I'm getting to use both of them to their fullest extent.

Early morning, I'm Farmgirl. Dirty jeans and all.

As soon as chores are done, I have to transform to become Miss K.

Even though I've been a farmgirl all my life, I've never been a morning person. Just ask my cousin. She is pretty much the only person I'll get up for at anywhere between 4:30 or 5 in the morning to go work out with. Seriously, she's the only one...and I'm never all that thrilled about it. But as she says, "It's all in my head."

However, on mornings like this week, God makes it SOOOO worth it to walk out my back door to do chores. Here's the view as I walk out to God declaring, "Good morning!"

Here's to hoping that you have been able to enjoy God's beautiful day, no matter what identity you are using at the moment ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment