Sunday, September 2, 2012

How can you argue with this?

I LOVE having people out to my house. LOVE it. I have to remind myself of that fact when I am cleaning the house in preparation for the company (don't LOVE the cleaning part of it).

When I made the decision to move back out to the farm, I wanted to use my grandparent's house to host family and friends. This is what we did tonight.

It's great to see how the farm/ranch just brings a smile and sense of peace to those that don't get to live that type of life on a daily basis. This young lady was introduced to horses today.
A good portion of the food tonight was raised right here on the farm. The steak is some of our beef, the eggs were from my parents' chickens (getting the eggs is one of the earliest chores I remember doing), the watermelon is from our garden as well as the squash in the grilled vegetables. Also from my garden are the pickled okra. I have also found my new favorite food. It is jalapeno poppers, which tonight were made from peppers from my dad's garden. They involve jalapenos cut in half with the seeds removed and stuffed with cream cheese and then held all together by half a piece of bacon....YUM!!!

There is just such a sense of pride when you are able to present loved ones with something you labored so hard to bring to the table.
The lighting wasn't the best to take a picture, but the company was awesome and we didn't run short on food. AMAZING food.
This young lady was too busy informing me of her love for KU and she didn't eat too much. However, she was great entertainment and she appreciated the chair that was just her size. She also left me a present to find later in the form of her silverware hidden under the table cloth ;-)

I hope you all have a relaxing Labor Day and that God blesses you with time to spend with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment