Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The only time a weed is a sweet gesture

I remember doing this when I was younger, and maybe some of you do, too. When you are a kid and spring finally arrives you are just so excited about every little change outside. Excited enough that when you see your first "flowers" you pick them and give them to everyone.

Thus, I ended up with a dandelion during first grade art, which just happens to be right after they come inside from recess. You still have to love the sentiment behind the gesture and I'll never turn down a dandelion from a little one. Now...I might draw the line if a 6th grader brings me one ;-)
P.S.
The little guy in the photo behind the flower is my nephew when he was a toddler. Such a cute little guy. Can't believe he is almost a teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment