Saturday, March 7, 2015

Beautiful Blogging Day

Since the temperature outside was warmer than inside our house, I decided it was a great day for a blog. It was a gorgeous western Kansas day!

 I walked over to the heifer pasture to get some pics of our new additions to the herd.
It was about lunch time, so this little one was getting a snack. I always love watching their tails switch back and forth out of pure happiness while they eat.

After a day or so, they all like to have a little fun running around as well.

You can't help but love them...they are so tiny and cute!

A tell-tale sign of a good snack from mom is a shiny face. This little one must have just been getting a snack before I got there.

We have purchased some heifers from outside our herd to add to our numbers. It's always interesting since you don't know their history and temperament, so I kept my distance while they gave in to their curiosity about this lady, her camera, and two dogs.

My dad, ever the farmer/rancher, just had shoulder surgery last week. But he is still out checking on the well-being of the calves. He especially keeps a close eye on the heifers since it is their first time being a mom. My husband has been doing a great job of doing the late-night calving checks so my dad can get some rest for probably the first time in 40-50 years during calving season.

No comments:

Post a Comment