Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I'm finally on Spring Break...woohoo!!!

That will mean a lot of quality time working on farm-related stuff. We started it off this morning with cleaning the seed wheat out of our truck that Dad needed to take to get oat seed today. Seed wheat is the wheat seed we have had cleaned that is used to plant the next crop of wheat. We transferred it to a small bin. In order to do that, I was inside the truck as dad watched the auger.

The hard part was that the truck bed was at a pretty steep angle. Footing was a bit tricky.


After we finally got all of the wheat out of the truck and into the bin, there was one little bit of wheat we had to put in the buckets. I was trying to keep it as a souvenir, but it was a little uncomfortable when I was walking ;-)

Hopefully I'll be able to post more this week because I'm sure it will be busy. Have a great Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment